It’s that time of year for wrapping up warm, dusting off the brollies and start thinking about ways to save money over the cooler months. It can be done and we’re here to help you get the support and motivation you need before those big power bills arrive.
We all dread them because you never know what you’re going to get! Here are 7 ways to save money over winter so you can finally pay off those debts and get saving:
- Sustainability is one of those words we hear a lot these days. But what the heck does it mean? It covers different areas like recycling, reusing and one we particularly like – conserving energy. We think we can help you save money and reduce those debts by thinking more sustainably that just makes good common sense. Similar to debt consolidation – it’s all about giving you back some control and a system to follow to save time and energy.
- Let’s take a closer look at conserving energy and reducing your power bills. What is your hot water cylinder set at? Go and check it now or ask someone to do it for you if you’re not sure. If it’s over 60, turn it down! Most of us have no idea about this concept and we’re wasting precious money by having the cylinder up too high.
Same thing for your credit card debt – go and check it and review all those bank charges. If you’re swimming up hill without a paddle, turn it down or switch it off. We can help you with both.
- Next step to keep that precious heat from escaping and a way of keeping those power bills down, is by getting lined curtains. Heat escapes through your glass windows so having curtains holds the warmth in your home. See what bargains (and that counts for personal loans too) are around and start prioritising those areas that need the work the most.
- Consolidating debt, believe it or not, is another way to save you money (and energy). With one debt to manage it makes your money management so much easier and less stressful. There’s no need to feel guilty and if you’re already taking positive steps to save money on other areas like power bills we salute you!
Give yourself a pat on the back and stop beating yourself up.
- Let’s talk about insulation. If you don’t have insulation in your floor or ceiling do some research on suppliers or organisations to give you the best deal. It’s time to overcome any fear associated with asking for a great deal or for help. Big businesses do it all the time so get into the habit of negotiation and you’ll be surprised just what you can get.
- What are shower times like in your family? Cutting family shower times really does help reduce those power bills. Sure you want the teenagers to smell great but do they really need that long in the shower? It’s good to teach your kids good budgeting habits so teaching them that yes, you do pay for the water and yes you do pay for heating will sharpen them up a bit for when they go flatting. It’s amazing what kids don’t know you pay for! We’re not just here to offer loans; we’re here to offer sound advice around financial planning for the whole family.
- Last but not least, if your credit card bills are out of control, you need to get on top of that. If you’re feeling like you’re going nowhere and the only one with the savings plans are the bank – talk to us. We’ll help you get started on it as soon as possible.
As a family business we know the challenges in raising a family so we’re here to help.
This winter start looking at some simple but clever ways to reduce those power bills and other bills so you can start saving. You’re not alone. It’s going to get better today and if you need financial advice and support, click contact us. We’re ready and waiting to give you a helping hand.
With years of expertise dealing with all sorts of different situations we’ll help you get back on top of everything again – together!